Wallenius Marine AB is a world leading Ship Management and Ship Design company and has for decades been leading the way towards truly sustainable shipping. Focus on the environment is key to Wallenius Marine. In addition to traditional managing and crewing, we are also a reliable partner when it comes to designing, building, recycling and carefully maintaining sustainability throughout a vessel’s lifetime. Wallenius Marine employs some 1,000 Swedish and international crewmembers as well as about 60 land-based co-workers in Sweden and Singapore.
To further strengthen our position on the market and to gain additional success as a leader in modern and sustainable ship management, we are looking for a highly skilled and experienced person to take responsibility for the daily technical as well as fleet management of our customer fleet. The fleet is meticulously cared for on a daily basis by a designated and experienced group of Superintendents within Wallenius Marine.
The main focus of the role is to efficiently manage internal assignments and leading the Technical & Fleet Management group. Furthermore, it includes handling the day-to-day communication with current and future clients.
As a Technical/Fleet Manager you initiate and contribute to vessel and process improvements together with clients and Superintendents, in order to maximize our internal efficiency and to further improve our market competitiveness.
The position is based in Stockholm and frequent travelling will be required.
The role as Technical/Fleet Manager will have the following main responsibilities:
- Responsible for the daily technical and fleet management activities for the Wallenius Marine managed fleet of vessels and for a designated group of superintendents (for each fleet manager group of abt. 6 Superintendents).
- Represent Wallenius Marine’s Technical Management services externally and in external forums and networks, along with other key functions in the organization.
- Work in close cooperation with the other departments within Wallenius Marine and Soya Group, ensuring that the right resources are allocated to operations and ongoing projects as per need.
- Initiate and contribute to vessel and process improvements together with clients to strengthen internal efficiency and improve competiveness.
- Have an overall responsibility for the group and its co-worker’s.
- The role focus is 50% on internal assignments leading the technical/fleet management group, 30% as key account manager handling the overall communication with existing clients and 20% dedicated to new business on the external market.
- Master´s/Engineer´s license
- University degree in engineering and/or equivalent professional qualification
- Have experience as a Superintendent
- Practical seagoing experience as Chief Engineer is a credit.
- Excellent ship technical understanding
- Excellent leadership skills
- Financial budget and follow up understanding
- Comprehensive understanding of MS Office software, accounting software and fleet management software
We are looking for a person that has excellent negotiation skills, is energetic and self-motivated and pays attention to details. Furthermore, you should have experience of people management, have an ability to cope well in a changing and fast-paced environment. You should be a good communicator and fluent in speech and writing in both Swedish and English.
Send your application and CV to [email protected], as soon as possible as selection will take place continuously, and latest at May 10, 2019.