TTS Marine AB is a world leading designer and supplier of cargo access solutions to the world’s fleet of RoRo and passenger vessels. We work globally from offices in Sweden, Poland, China, Korea and Vietnam. TTS Marine AB is headquartered in Gothenburg with approx. 100 employees and an annual turnover above 500 MSEK.
TTS Marine AB is part of TTS Group ASA, a global enterprise that designs, develops and supplies equipment solutions and services for the marine and offshore industries. TTS is one of the top three suppliers in its specialized market segments. With a worldwide workforce of around 1,100, TTS has over 40 years of experience in the marine industry. The group has subsidiaries in 12 countries all over the world.
World-leader TTS Marine is building tomorrow’s design team and is looking for a Structural Engineer, experienced or young potential.
We offer new challenges in an international setting, colleagues who are passionate about technology and the freedom to influence your personal development and the growth of the company.
A Structural Engineer works with structural strength of our products from load distribution strategy at concept stage to detail verification of delivery to customers. The Structural team supports also other parts of organization such as R&D and Aftermarket. Task includes FE analysis, strength assessments, urgent customer response, methods development and concept development. FE software used is SESAM Genie and Nastran, while AutoDesk Inventor is used as CAD tool. You will interact intensively with other project members, different TTS functions, class societies, external technical groups, customers and ship owners. Our offices and customers are located globally, therefore international contacts are frequent.
The job offers:
- A good platform to learn the function of our products
- Inspiring mix of tasks
- Daily technical challenges
- Being part of a small expert team as well as a tight and dedicated project team
- Chance to act on a truly multinational arena
- A good base for personal development, maybe later to other positions in the company
- Direct influence on project financial result
- Opportunity to travel globally
- Variation from system to detail view
A successful candidate is likely to have:
- Naval Architect or other relevant Master of Science degree
- A good sense of the behavior of load carrying structures
- An innovative mind in terms of how to optimize a design considering all design factors and project limitations
- Skills in relevant FE software and maybe also in CAD tools
- Some experience from ship, marine or offshore industry
- A street smart way to interact with authorities and class societies
- Customer focus
- Ability to make right priorities
- A structured way to work
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Good command of technical English, verbally and in writing