We are looking for Stowage Planner to our Atlantic Trade team in Stockholm.
The successful candidate should have a strong analytical mind-set with the ability to look ahead and be highly proficient at communicating with internal and external stakeholders. Furthermore, it is important to have experience from RORO shipping.
The main purpose of the role is to drive efficiency, maximize utilisation of vessels in the most cost-efficient way. When attending vessel operations in port, the purpose is to supervise and ensure an efficient and optimal cargo operation with special emphasis on cargo quality, utilisation, productivity, and safety. The successful candidate should also consider the balance between customer expectations and trade profitability.
The stowage planner is expected to contribute and improve cargo planning and related processes within Shipping Services as well as participate and contribute to discussions and projects within Business Operation, PTSO etc. As a planner you will be required to attend vessel operation in ports on a regular basis. Whilst reporting into the Atlantic Trade you will also plan and attend vessels in the other Trades.
- Operational experience from Ro-Ro/PCTC vessels and preferably a maritime degree.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Able to challenge the status quo and support a culture of continuous improvement and efficiency.
- Being a team player whilst able to work independently
- Able to prioritize workflow to meet deadlines and have a sense of urgency
- Computer literate and preferably experienced in digital loading program and lashing/cargo carrier calculations.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written
Reporting to: Karolina Kjellgren, VP Atlantic Trade
Location: Stockholm, Sweden, other locations could potentially be considered
Business Unit: Shipping Services
Contact person: Karolina Kjellgren: [email protected]
Last application date: October 13th, 2021