Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, serving customers all across the globe. Maersk Line has 25,000 employees across 325 offices in more than 125 countries. As a leading provider of container shipping services, Maersk Line’s mission is to provide opportunities in global commerce. Maersk Line helps customers source goods from anywhere in the world, creating efficiencies in their supply chains, and making it possible for commodities to reach new markets more quickly. Maersk Line sets the standards in ensuring continuous and consistent reliable and quality service to its customers and is regarded amongst the most reliable carriers in the world. The Maersk Group comprises A.P. Moller – Maersk A/S and subsidiaries based in Copenhagen, Denmark. The Group employs about 89,000 people in around 135 countries across the world.
Maersk Line is looking for skilled and experienced second engineers for our expanding fleet.
As a second engineer in Maersk Line your responsibilities will include:
- Safe, efficient and cost-effective operations, maintenance and repair of the vessel and technical installations in accordance with the Chief Engineer’s instructions, relevant legislation, class requirements and the company systems.
- Preparing and monitoring work plans for other engineers and engine ratings. Periodically monitor the work / rest hour planning for all engineers and engine ratings to ensure that the rest hour requirements are being complied with.
- Management of stores, spares, lube oils and chemicals including monitoring the consumption, inventory management to ensure minimum requirements are met and checking deliveries against advice from suppliers.
- Duties of Environmental Officer as required by ISO 14001 standards including development of objectives and targets, training of other officers and ratings and record keeping.
- Motivation of engineers and crew, and creation of a safe working environment on board including optimal utilization of resources allocated.
We are looking for
You have sailing experience in rank as second engineer from large container, tanker and/or RO-RO vessels. In addition, you have a proven track record of managing a broad interface with very diverse colleagues. You know how to motivate colleagues and how to contribute to a strong safety culture as well as a productive ship-shore teamwork.
A key position in one of the largest container shipping companies in the world. You will have challenging opportunities to contribute with and develop your competencies on technically advanced vessels with the best and latest machinery. You will also have the chance to influence and optimize efficiency and procedures in line with increasing empowerment of our vessels.
Please send in your application below
For further information please contact Michael Kristensen at +45 3363 4525 or [email protected]