With a history that dates back to 1828 Bureau Veritas is one of the world’s leading companies within marine classification and certification services. Worldwide Bureau Veritas employs more than 61,000 people located in 140 countries. 10,900 ships of total 104 million gross tonnages are classed by Bureau Veritas.
Bureau Veritas Marine & Offshore in Sweden is looking for Marine Surveyors to join its team of highly trained and educated Marine Surveyors at its office in Gårda, Gothenburg, Sweden.
The vacant Marine Surveyor positions, will primarily serve our clients in Sweden however, travel activities to other countries must be expected. The job primarily consists of surveys and audits at manufacturers of ships’ and offshore equipment, surveying and auditing of ships in service. This means that you will work on ships, shipyards as well as factories.
Preferable education, qualifications and characteristics:
- The preferred candidate focuses on safety first, adding value to our clients and has strong communications skills
- Formal Qualifications as marine engineer, naval architect or mechanical engineer with experience in shipping.
- Experience as ISO 9001 or ISO 14001 auditor is regarded as an advantage
- Good IT-skills
- Fluent in Swedish and English – both in verbal and writing.
- Enthusiasm and a can-do attitude
- A willingness to travel to serve our customers in both Sweden, Denmark and Iceland
- The flexibility and commitment to work long hours and weekends, if necessary
- The ability to enter into a teamwork where we share our knowledge and work according to best practices
- A challenging and independent job in an busy international marine environment
- Opportunities for personal development and growth within the Bureau Veritas network
- A tailor-made training program of 3-6 months to ensure individual training needs are meet
- Remuneration packages in line with the job applicants’ background
Please apply with your application letter and CV in English language not later than February 15TH 2015. If you have any questions regarding these job position please contact Marine Chief Executive Bengt Sangberg on +45 20 88 89 01.