The job incumbent is primarily responsible for conducting quality inspections of marine equipment to determine their conformity with specified requirements (classification rules (Bureau Veritas, IACS), international regulations (IMO), national regulations, industry standards), with future development possibility to extend to quality inspections of ships in service and / or ships under construction.
- Carry out inspections of marine equipment at manufacturers.
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders and ensure all survey / inspection reports (including survey certificates) are factual, objective and submitted within the stipulated format and timeframe.
- Keep up to date with new rules, regulations and technical or process information disseminated through internal communication.
- Participate in meetings (both internal and external) as required.
- Attend all scheduled trainings (locally and overseas) and ultimately achieving specified delegations as agreed in Performance Management Process.
Education and Qualification Requirements:
Degree in Marine Engineering / Naval Architecture / Mechanical Engineering or similar with experience in the shipping industry.
- Minimum 5 years relevant working experience as:
- Field surveyor in classification society (IACS member),
- or technical role in a ship management company,
- or sea going experience as a certified watch-keeping officer ,
- or ship project manager (repair or new construction) / technical manager
- or superintendent
- or a combination of the above
- Experience as ISO 9001 or ISO 14001 auditor is regarded as an advantage
- PC literate
- Holding a valid resident permit in EU (for non-EU citizens)
- Proficiency in English, Swedish language requested
- Available to travel on short notice and accept short to mid-term abroad assignments as required.
- Available to work outside normal business hours and occasionally on weekends
- Dependable and responsible
- Diligent and organized
- Service and solution oriented
- Good communication skills
- Able to work independently and in a team
- Can-do attitude
- A challenging and independent job in a busy international marine environment
- Opportunities for personal development and growth within the Bureau Veritas network
- Great team and professional colleagues
- A training program to ensure individual training needs are met
- Competitive remuneration package in line with the job applicants’ background
- A package of local benefits
What we value at BV
We serve as guardians of integrity, upholding the highest standards responsibly. We create trust between businesses and those they serve, demonstrating the ambition to work hard and the humility to learn and grow. We cultivate an open and inclusive environment wherever we operate. And ethics, safety and financial control serve as the foundation for our shared culture.
Being part of the BV family, is more than just working, it’s being convinced that you will leave your mark… in shaping a world of trust.
Please press ”Apply Now” to upload your CV and application in English. Applications are assessed continuously, so please apply as soon as possible. The position will be closed when we have found the right candidate for the job. If you have any questions regarding this position, you may contact Marine Manager Marcello Zanotti +45 31 61 83 57.