Wallenius Marine is a Swedish shipping company providing Ship Management, Ship Design and Newbuilding services. Our vision is to lead the way towards sustainable shipping. To get there, we believe in sustaintech, digitalisation and partnerships. In recent years we have introduced energy efficient vessels in the HERO class, as well as LNG/Battery Hybrids. We are also designing the first wind-powered vessels from the Oceanbird concept.
Our Ship Management is growing with new customers and to further strengthen our organization we are now searching for a Marine Superintendent for permanent employment. The position is full-time and is based in Stockholm and requires, at times, travels to vessels and suppliers.
As Marine Superintendent you have focus on nautical and cargo related issues and collaborate closely with Our DPA in Stockholm and our Safety Manager in our Singapore office and directly towards the vessel in the fleet. You will also interact closely with both our technical team and our quality team and towards clients and suppliers.
About the position:
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Advise Superintendents and vessels and vessel operator in resolving nautical and cargo related operational issues.
- System owner of Navigational regulatory systems such as; ECDIS, Radar, GMDSS, Admiralty software and Loading Computer.
- Manage maintenance strategy and service agreements for bridge/nautical systems
- Assist our Environmental & Quality team with internal audits of managed vessels and office departments
- Be process owner for Nautical and Cargo related processes in our BMS
- Stay abreast with rules, regulations and development within area of responsibility
- Communicate externally and participate in collaborations projects, seminars and meetings as relevant with partners, customers and suppliers to build relationships, gain insights and make department work visible
Who are you?
We are looking for a person holding a Master’s/Officer’s licensee and/or university degree in Merchant Marine Academy or similar and have several years of experience as Chief Officer or higher on Car Carriers, RoRo vessels or similar. Alternatively, RoPax and/or PAX experience, especially combined with safety and quality work onboard and ashore, is also a background of interest.
To succeed in this role, you will need to have effective communication skills and to be able to work independently as well as part of a team, interacting with vessels, charter and external partners.
Our Group language is English which means that you should both speak and write English fluently, including technical terms. High level of proficiency in Swedish is also a merit. We also require a good understanding and knowledge of the MS Office software, accounting software and nautical software and bridge equipment.
Are you passionate about the position? Selection of candidates will be done continuously so feel free to send your application and CV today at https://www.walleniusmarine.com/career/office-positions-hq-stockholm/ but no later than April 5th, 2022. We look forward to receiving your application but please note that we don´t accept applications sent directly via email.
For more information, please contact
Joacim Westerlund, Technical Manager/Fleet Manager, [email protected], Tel.: +46 8 772 0500 or
Henrik Hammarberg, Head of Global Ship Management, [email protected] Tel: +46 8 772 0500.