We are searching a Marine Superintendent to our HSEQ department.
About the company:
At Golar LNG we have a proud history of innovation, as ground breakers in both the FSRU and FLNG segments. We champion LNG as a key transition fuel, as a companion fuel to renewables and an enabler for immediate emissions reductions by facilitating a move away from oil and coal.
Golar LNG owns/operates a fleet of 28 LNG vessels, including carriers, FSRUs and one FLNG, placing the company in a leading position in the LNG midstream market. The company has offices in Oslo, London, Kuala Lumpur, Split and Cameroon, supporting the existing fleet, and expanding our role in the market. Golar LNG has for long been a forerunner in development of solutions within the referred marked segment.
To support our FSRU / LNGC team in Oslo we need to strengthen our HSSEQ team with an experienced Marine Superintendent.
Typical responsibilities and work tasks:
- Oversee Marine Operation activities.
- Ensure compliance with relevant marine rules and regulations.
- Perform ship visits, audits and HSEQ training of onboard staff.
- Implementation of compliance campaigns.
- Arrange and follow-up on flag inspections.
- Arrange and follow-up on external and internal ISM/ISPS/MLC/ISO audits.
- Make sure the equipment within your area of responsibility is operated and maintained at adequate standards to ensure optimal availability, quality, and cost.
- Monitor and follow up on KPIs.
- Take part in incident investigations as required.
- Be part of a fleet team that follow up a group of vessels.
- Sea-going experience from tanker vessels in senior rank, preferably from LNG.
- Master licence.
- Knowledge and experience with OCIMF.
- Knowledge of Risk Assessment principles.
- Good communication skills and effective organisational skills.
You will be a good match for this role and Golar LNG if you:
- Are hands-on, proactive and solution oriented.
- Are a good team player and communicator.
- Enjoy working in an organisation with a flat structure.
- Are able and willing to travel worldwide sometimes on short notice.
- Competitive conditions in all respects, with centrally located and modern offices in Oslo, a good working environment, interesting tasks, and respectable benefits.