As HSEQ Quality Controller your main focus will be safety at all times!
Here is a great opportunity for you who loves analysis and quality. You will quality assure that our safety management systems meet the criteria when it comes to laws and regulations. You will have the opportunity to participate in all processes and ensure we have the right level of quality and analyze flaws.
Your responsibility is to assist and support the HSEQ Manager in promoting, maintaining, and developing a high level of quality within the operation of Company vessels and in our ports and terminals. You will also work with our employees to manage, monitor, and improve the health, safety, and environmental standards in the workplace onshore and onboard.
Some of your key responsibilities:
– Co-ordinating the production and supply of HSEQ documentation as required
– The control of all internal non-conformance reports and maintenance of the non-conformance
– Identifying and managing documentation amendments/revisions to meet identified needs and improvements in the development of the management system
– Provide support on health, safety, environmental, and quality related matters, including training
– Preparing accident/incident statistics as required by Line Manager and Senior Management
– Preparing HSEQ Reports
– Maintenance of the Change Management Procedure
What you will experience
At Stena Line, we believe everything is connected. By bringing people and goods together, we enable businesses and societies to grow. As a company, we are on an exciting journey driven by technology and new digital habits, developing our business to create outcomes that matter to our customers.
You will work together with nine colleagues and report to HSEQ Manager. The team is new at Stena Line and together with the team, you will be able to form the way you work together. In this position, occasional travel is required.
Who you are
At Stena Line your personality matters as much as how good you are at what you do. First of all, we are looking for someone who is passionate about quality. Of course health, safety and security are important to you, but quality comes first.
You need to be able to take initiative, have a lot of drive, and work independently to reach your targets. As a person you are positive and a communicative team player who knows how to collaborate with everyone.
– Higher National Diploma or equivalent in related discipline within the maritime sector, nautical or technical
– Experience in Quality assurance and control.
– Working in the marine environment working with auditors and accreditation bodies.
– Knowledge of quality assurance, regulatory and legislation requirements.
– Strong understanding of the key concepts of Health and Safety.
– Knowledge of ISM
– Knowledge of Root Cause Analysis
This is a full-time, permanent position based in Gothenburg within our HSEQ department. To apply, please register your profile and send in your application in English as soon as possible but no later than the 26th of June, 2022. We are having an ongoing selection, so do not wait with your application. Please note that due to GDPR we do not accept applications via e-mail or postal service. We have collective bargaining agreements with Unionen, among others, who you can contact for more information.
If you have any questions regarding the position you are welcome to contact Jörgen Lorén, at [email protected] or about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Anna Svedberg, Talent Acquisition Partner, [email protected].
Please note that we kindly decline any offers from recruitment or staffing agencies regarding this recruitment.
About Stena Line
As the leader of sustainable shipping, Stena Line has Europe’s most comprehensive route network focusing on transportation of both passengers and freight. We have over 4300 employees in our Stena Line family across Scandinavia, around the UK and the Baltics, making a contribution to our company. As a company, we are on an exciting journey driven by technology and new digital habits, developing our business to create outcomes that matter to our customers. The journey starts with us.
We are committed to maintaining and developing a sustainable working environment, free from harassment, that gives equal opportunities to everyone. We embrace equality, diversity and inclusion – and welcome all applicants.