What’s the role?
We are looking for a motivated, results driven individual with good interpersonal skills, who can work well under pressure and be an integral member of the Freight Team.
Job scope and responsibilities include:
- End-to-end management of our vessels fixed in the spot market as well as time-chartered out vessels.
- Have full knowledge of vessel operations, conduct all freight operational activities promptly and professionally ensuring that all obligations and requirements under the charter party contract terms are met.
- Operators are expected to have a commercial mindset while operating vessels to load and deliver cargoes along the value chain, as well as look out for opportunities to capitalize on opportunities and/or add value to supply chain.
- Ensure the efficient operation of the Spot Chartered vessels including the issuance of voyage orders, the correct preparation of cargo tanks and the issuance of LOIs in accordance with charter party terms and conditions.
- Conduct all freight operational activities promptly and professionally ensuring that all obligations and requirements under the charter party contract terms are met. This refers both to charters internally and with third parties.
- Deal with cargo and freight counterparties, terminals and vessels on a regular basis regarding all post-deal activities ensuring all necessary operational information is passed on in good time and documentary requirements are met.
- Identify and maximize the embedded optionality within charter party agreements (i.e. laycans, demurrage rates, ship space parcelling, ship swaps, backhaul opportunities).
- Liaise with Charterers to ensure smooth operations to avoid disruption and to optimize vessel returns and usage.
- Ensure that bunker procurement is optimized in terms of location and cost in close liaison with the Chartering department.
- Daily updates of VMS for ship operations and records management to track P&L.
- Make cargo and vessel nominations, prepare and send voyage orders and monitor progress of vessels.
- Required to pre-empt issues and avoid any delays which could hit Owner’s bottom line.
- One of the most important elements in vessel management is the ability to monitor the performance and profitability of each voyage or the fleet. In order to achieve this, it is imperative that costs are accurately reflected and, where applicable, recovered from charterers or ship owners.
- Ensure that we comply with regulatory and governmental requirements as well as adhere to HSSE/Safety guidelines.
What We Need From You
- Ideally coming with trading, shipping, or operations experience.
- The successful candidate must have ability to function well in a fast-paced dynamic environment where changes are the norm. The work is varied and requires individual with a thorough understanding of many aspects of the shipping, supply, or oil trading business.
- High availability on call 24/7.
- Ability to work under pressure and high resilience.
- Protective resolution minded, with spirit of initiative.
- Good stakeholder management and ability to display team spirit.
- Self-motivation learner and possess strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills to recognize and solve problems quickly.
- Highly effective planning and organization skills are essential to meet demanding schedules and goals.
- Required to be commercially astute and own the life of the deal to ensure we maximize our margins.
- Required to be able to manage multiple and conflicting priorities to achieve business intent for the enterprise.
For applications please send to [email protected]
For questions contact Håkan Kalmerlind +46763102087 or [email protected]
About The Company
Alba Tankers Sweden is a privately held firm primarily involved in commercial management of Oil/Chemical tankers in the 3-20 KT DWT range. We currently manage 20-25 vessels from different owners with a wide range of products/chemicals carried. Our office is located with a clear view of the energy harbor in Gothenburg reminding us of the practical work by just looking out the window.