Tarbit is a family-owned shipping company that has been transporting bitumen, petroleum-products and chemicals since 1947. The company is characterised by high safety- and environmental awareness, keeping focus on quality, sustainability and reliable effectiveness. Our fleet of tanker vessels range from 4.900 to 25.000 dwt and serves customers throughout the globe.
At Tarbit we want everyone to feel like a part of the team
We know that the Human Factor makes the difference and by offering a dynamic workplace with an open work atmosphere, where we keep communication lines short and work closely together, we strive for continuous improvement and keep a happy and motivated crew.
Our philosophy is that shared experience is the key to success, and we strive for our employees to grow within the company and get the opportunity to reach senior positions with us.
We are currently looking for a well experienced 2nd Engineer to join our team!
We have a vacancy for a 2nd Engineer position on our CPP-tanker Bit Okland, with on signing in October 2021.
We are looking for you who are a positive, responsible and reliable person, a good team player and has a solution-oriented way of working.
To fulfil the Officers’ Matrix requirements, you must be a well experienced 2nd Engineer – with a minimum of 3 years onboard service in rank and on tanker vessels.
- COC – Engineer Officer Class II (Second Engineer Officer Unlimited)
- Swedish endorsement for Unlimited service onboard Oil/Chemical tankers
- Unlimited Oil Certificate (Advanced)
- Unlimited Chemical Certificate (Advanced)
- Swedish Medical certificate for Seafarers
- Minimum 3 years sailed time as 2nd Engineer
- Minimum 3 years sailed time on tanker vessels
- Good knowledge of the English language, both verbally and in writing
- High level of communication skills
- Well familiar with OCIMF’s vetting system
Additional required certificates include (valid): Basic Safety, Advanced Fire Fighting, Survival Craft and Rescue Boats and Security Awareness Certificates of Proficiency.
If you are interested in joining our team, we encourage you to send us an application together with an updated CV, marked “2nd Engineer Application”, to [email protected]
(We accept applications in both Swedish and English.)
If you want to know more about the position and/or the additional requirements, please contact HR & Crewing at [email protected] or by phone to Sofia Schäder +46 304 60 00 54.
We look forward to hearing from you!